AirShare is a Bluetooth file-sharing application.
It allows you to use your Windows Mobile based device to
share files over Bluetooth protocol.
By means of AirShare you can wirelessly access folders and files on
your Windows Mobile device (including files on SD cards) from your desktop/notebook computer without ActiveSync or from your PDA.
AirShare works as a server and implements standard Bluetooth
File Transfer profile which is missing on many Pocket PC and MS Smartphone
devices (such as WM 5.0 devices with MS Bluetooth stack).
Try AirShare 1.02
Try AirShare 1.01
Buy - $9.95
- Bluetooth File Transfer
- Ability to enforce the encryption/authentication of the connection
- SMB/CIFS protocols are planned
The following clients are supported
- Windows XP/Vista/2000 with WIDCOMM/Broadcom or BlueSoleil stack
Please note that Toshiba Bluetooth stack and Microsoft Bluetooth stack do not support Bluetooth FTP profile so you'll have to install either WIDCOMM/Broadcom stack or BlueSoleil stack.
- Mac OS X
- Pocket PC 2003 or WM 5.0 devices with WIDCOMM stack (most HP iPAQs, Motorola Q, Acer n310/n311)
Please note that for Palm clients and for WM 2003 client devices it is better to download and use AirShare 1.01, while with newer clients AirShare 1.02 is recommended.
- AKU3-based WM 5.0 devices
- WM 6.0 devices
- any device or application which supports the client-side of Bluetooth File Transfer profile
How AirShare actually works
With the AirShare software you get Bluetooth File Transfer service on devices with MS Bluetooth stack. We'll take a QTek S200 (MS Bluetooth stack, WM 5.0) and try to make its files accessible from another Pocket PC device - Dell Axim x50v.
- QTek S200 without AirShare, MS Bluetooth stack has no Bluetooth File Transfer profile - see this image, there is no File Transfer service therefore we cannot get folder listing or exchange files through Bluetooth
- QTek S200 with AirShare, Bluetooth File Transfer is available among other Bluetooth services - see this image with Dell Axim as a client listing the necessary Bluetooth service
- QTek S200 with AirShare, a Bluetooth File Transfer shortcut appeared on a client devices - see this image
- QTek S200 with AirShare, we managed to get QTek's folders on our Dell Axim - see this image of Dell Axim Bluetooth File Explorer listing the folders of QTek S200.
- QTek S200 with AirShare, we can access QTek files even from Palm devices (a third-party client application is necessary in this case) - see this image QTek S200 and Treo 650, Bluetooth FTP
Especially useful on
- Windows Mobile 5.0
- Windows Mobile 6.0
- Treo 700w, Treo 700wx, Treo 750
- iPAQ 4700, iPAQ rx1950, iPAQ 6815
- QTek 9100, QTek 8300, QTek 8600,
- HTC TyTN, HTC Tornado
- Motorola Q
- F-S Loox 560
- Cingular 8125, Cingular 8525
- PPC-6700, VX-6700
- Dell Axim x51v
- Toshiba Portege G900
File-sharing via Bluetooth and USB on your Palm, read more about
Palm Card Reader